Saturday 6 December 2008

Exhibition of Christmas baking in Dub

This exhibition was organized by a local senior club. For the first time they prepared also a competition in baking bunt cakes ( bábovka in Czech ). It is a very popular cake here and the exhibition room was full of wonderful scent when we visited it! Czech students like helping with baking typical Christmas pastry which is gingerbread. The shapes are usually decorated with white icing and often hang on the Christmas tree.






Gingerbread can be used also for making a beautiful candlestick, like this one.

3 comments:

Danuta said...

I can't believe my eyes! Fantastic!

Danuta said...

Marysia & Agata,
Ja chcę takie pierniczki!!!

Torskolan said...

I was making gingerbread yesterday I did 137cookies. I was eating some before they was ready in the oven, it tasted delicious:)



PS I love gingerbred