Saturday 26 April 2008

Meeting round dances in Dub nad Moravou

On Thursday afternoon, May 24th 2008, a very non-traditional workshop for teachers took place after all students left the school building. About 15 teachers from Základní škola Dub nad Moravou accepted an invitation of Ms. Buchtová to participate in a meeting focused on round dances from various parts of the world and on using different kinds of unconventional musical instruments. Despite of being very tired after a busy day, all the participants became familiar with round dances from Europe and Asia, found out how to wish on rain with help of African clattering rain sticks, played the Australian dijerida and finally succeeded at their very first attempts at belly dancing! :)
The workshop, conducted by two experienced music and dance teachers, was a great event and I hope it helped all my colleagues to gain more energy for the last two months of a school year.
Ivana Buchtová.

3 comments:

Danuta said...

Iva, I like your idea very much! Could you bring your dance teachers to Poland? I translated your text for my Polish colleagues.

Torskolan said...

It's great Ivana!!!! I hope we can have some dancing together when you come to Sweden.
Ann-Christin

Základní škola said...

I must apologize for a stupid mistake I made in my report about round dances - of course, it was not MAY but APRIL 24th!!!!!
Ivana.